Our planet is changing and we help it to change for the better. A healthy environment is necessary for human, animal and plant life to survive and for ensuring a balanced eco-system. The destruction of natural resources often triggers a vicious cycle of poverty and further environmental degradation in developing countries like ours. This makes local development more difficult and has dramatic global effects. Hence, we believe that help should be extended to people locally, to begin with in the rural sector, to conserve their natural resources through sustainable management.
To raise awareness on environmental issues sahayata promotes sensible solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. Sahayata is doing pioneer work on Rain Water Harvesting, plantation, Forest Fire Assessment, Climate Changes and Afforestation in the areas. The main aim is to create environmental awareness in the communities, to conduct widespread environmental education and training programmes through a very vast network.
Sahayata strives to help Citizens to make a conscious choice about the environment. To bring back the lost greenery we have been doing tree plantation in cities. We impart environmental education and training by organizing forest based camps for Students, youths and adults.
--> A total of 50 volunteers participated in Swach Bharat Abhiyan partnered with other NGOs on 2nd October, 2014. Volunteers helped clean up various spots at Gandhi Hospital, Secunderabad.
--> Conducted environment awareness campaigns at the following schools and covered about 1000 children:
1. Zilla Parishad High School, Kapra.
2. Government Primary School, Indira Nagar, Ootpally.
3. Government primary School, Ootpally.
The children were taught through power point presentations, the importance of cleanliness, health and hygiene, clean environment, etc.Drawing competitions were also held to impart knowledge on the environmental issues.
-->Actively participated in Haritha Haram Plantation Program held by Telangana Government in the month of July, 2016.
1. Sahayta donated 50 flowering pots to Zilla Parishad High School, Kapra and also got 100 saplings from the HMDA Nursery, Ghatkesar inorder to plant in the school premises.
2. Collected the saplings from HMDA nursery, Shamshabad and assited the school children (100) of both the Government Primary Schools at Indira Nagar and Ootpally, Shamsabad mandal in planting the saplings in their school premises.
3. Plantations were also taken up in Dammai Guda Colony by distributing the saplings and motivating the residents to participate actively.
Want To Join Our Team?
Volunteers have been supporting the work of Sahayata since its beginning. With the volunteers support our team of staff has able to support the society. Our volunteers come from varied backgrounds i.e., students, housewives, IT professionals or senior citizens.
Join Our Team
The volunteer program of the Sahayata is based on a reciprocal model that ensures that the needs of the volunteer are taken into account. We welcome people of all ages, from all walks of life, with all levels of education and from all parts of the wider community. Becoming a volunteer for the Sahayata. We are constantly looking for volunteers like you who can help us.